Monday, February 25, 2013

A blog to keep up with me!

I have been debating starting a blog for a long time. After finding out things I decided it would be a good idea. Just had to get around to doing it! So here it is! You'll have to excuse my spelling and grammar. I'm going to be using this as kind of a jounral/diary and won't edit too much. I'm going to be letting a lot of feelings out. Another reason for doing this is so that people can keep up with things that are going on. I will try to update when possible.

This is my story and how we found out about our baby boy Coleman and his heart defect.

I will give kind of a background for those who don't know a thing about me. I'm Jaclyn. I'm from northeast Georgia and grew up here. I come from a good Christian family and glad I was raised to believe in God and the Bible. I'm an only child, an only grandchild, and I guess you can call me spoiled! My parents divorced when I was 13 and I lived with my dad. Huge daddy's girl right here. Always stuck to his hip and did everything he did. He was my best friend and all each other had sometimes. He died in a car accident when I was 16, November 17th, 2005. A lady came onto his side of the road and hit him head on. I can still remember every detail of that day. Worst day of my life. Worst thing that could have happened to me. It happened. I miss him every day and still get down and cry about it sometimes. I struggled a while with some depression. He was a great, kind hearted man and everyone loved him. I will always miss my daddy and it doesn't get easier, the emotions just get easier to deal with. This topic brings up a lot of my emotions, but I just wanted to type the just of it. This is why I have to remember 'Everything happens for a reason' God has a plan. It's difficult to think about, but it was God's plan. After he died my life was a roller coaster of ups and downs. I was very emotional and vulnerable. And I was never very happy. I dated, but never found someone to really truly be happy with and treat me right. My mom had told me that daddy was watching over me and he was getting that perfect guy to come into my life. At this time I was 19. Little did I know it wouldn't be much longer after she told me that that I did find that guy.
There's no huge love story to how I met my husband. I messaged this cute random guy who I had no mutual friend with on MySpace, Matt. We messaged each other a while and eventually exchanged numbers. I always enjoyed talking to him and it made me smile to see a text from him while I was in class. We set up a date to meet. Our first date, January 14th, 2009. We had dinner and went to the movies. I talked a good bit and he was more quiet but cute and still talked. He acted like a gentleman. It was pretty cold that day and I had told him during the movie that my feet were cold. We were the only ones in the theater but maybe one person. He got my feet and took off my flipflops and held them during the movie to warm them up. Normally on other dates I would have thought, "What a weirdo. No you're not touching my feet", but I was having such a good time being with him I thought it was so sweet of him to do that. When I got home that night I went and told my mom that I had fun and that he could even be the one. I never said that about any other guys I went out with.
Long story short, we got married July 31st, 2010 on Tybee Island, Georgia. Our favorite vacation spot. I've been married to my best friend for going on 3 years now and love him more each day! They say the first years of marriage are hardest, but I can't complain about anything. I'm such a blessed girl to have gotten this sweet, funny, kind hearted guy. He loves me and treats me wonderful and I know my daddy would be proud! And he's not bad looking either lol:). We have fun just being together and  I have no doubt we were meant to be. Meeting him is when I truly became happy.



Now fastforwarding to August 2012. We had been married 2 years and decided to try to start a family. (We do have 2 dogs. Moose, a cute little wire haired fox terrier, and Dax, a pretty hairy husky.) But we wanted to add to our family and have kids. On August 20th I took a test and to my surprise it came out positive, I was pregnant. I waited for Matt to go to work to test so that just in case it was positive, I would be able to surprise him. I went to town and bought a onesie that said 'Property of Mommy and Daddy' on it and left it in the walmart bag. When he got home I told him I got us something today and gave him the bag. He was shocked and very excited. We're having a baby. We were full of excitement and told everyone right away.
We had our 8 weeks appointment and got to see our tiny baby on ultrasound. Due date was confirmed, April 28th, 2013.



We were so excited to find out what we were having, girl or boy. We decided to schedule an ultrasound to find out early. I scheduled it on November 17th, the date my dad died. I was going to make it a happy day for me this year. It did turn out to be a great day. That day we found out we're having a BOY, Coleman Tolar. He will have my dad's first name as his middle name. Matt and I found out alone together and had a gender reveal party at Mellow Mushroom with our families to anounce to them. We had our moms open up baby boy outfits and everyone else had a wrapped up Hershey bar with HE filled in with blue, hersHEy, and a blue paint chip with his name on it. Everyone was so excited for us!



 
 


Now getting to the tough part. I will go through how we found out and everything along the way. I will try not to leave anything out because this is the main reason for the blog. Bare with me as I will make a second post...







No comments:

Post a Comment