Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A date is scheduled! He's coming!

So, I am now 38 weeks and 3 days today. Really glad to have made it full term!
My twice a week NSTs have been good. Even though he's had to be woken up and 'buzzed' to move the last few times and it takes a lot of extra time. I never worry about it during the NST because he moves like crazy while I wait on the doctor. He just stops when I get hooked up the the NST. Little stinker lol. To buzz him they just vibrate a few places on my belly and boy does that make him go crazy!
But it seems this little stubborn stinker doesn't want to come out any time soon.
I have been checked for dilation every week since 35 weeks and have had no progression.

Thursday at my OB appointment, I saw Dr. Little. Checked my cervix, still closed. Coleman's head isn't even in my pelvis yet, or 'engaged'. So, Dr. Little started talking about delivery and how likely a C-section was. He said as of then it would be about 50/50 either way, but because of the situation and my blood pressure being borderline, they would like to take me at 39 weeks. He suggested if I wasn't dilated in a week, then they would schedule a C-section. He also had labs drawn because of my blood pressure. Came back normal.

I was emotional after I left that appointment. I'd never thought about having to have a C-section and it wasn't what I ever wanted. I always thought I would just go into labor and that's what I wanted. I called Matt and cried and he calmed me down. I talked to a couple of people that had C-sections and their experiences. I eventually became ok with the idea. I just needed to process the thought.

Monday at my OB appointment, I saw Dr. Lake. I like Dr. Lake because he's always very thorough. Checked my cervix, still closed. He talked about my blood pressure and it being borderline and wanted to check me again for preeclampsia. He said he wouldn't let me go to 40 weeks because my blood pressure being borderline and they want to find a happy medium to let baby cook longer. He started discussing induction. He said he would recommend starting Cervidil, a med that prepares your cervix for dilation, on Sunday night. And then induction would begin Monday. I asked how it would effect me or baby. I asked if the prostaglandin (Cervidil), would have an effect on the baby because that's what they will stabilize his heart with after delivery. He said no. So he said we could go ahead and schedule the induction, but could still decide to have a C-section if we wanted and would need to decide that by Wednesday at my next appointment. That's what we did.

I thought about it and talked it over a little with Matt. I wasn't comfortable with induction if I wasn't dilated at all. I feel like if I got induced, it would be long and drawn out and I would still end up getting a C-section in the end. And I didn't want to put any extra stress on Coleman or me. "Why not skip all that trouble?" I thought. So it was decided, C-section it is!

We did go eat at a restaurant last night called Scalini's. They are famous for their labor inducing 'Eggplant Parmigiana'. They have a few walls full of babies that have been born after eating the eggplant. We thought, "worth a try!". If I could go into labor naturally, I'm all for it! I was scared to it eat though lol. But it was very delicious! They said if it worked it could take 48 hours, but I doubt it would work for me. Maybe for people very close to their due date! It was nice to have a yummy dinner and try something new though!

 





At my OB appointment today, I saw Dr. Ward. I told him I decided to go the C-section route, and after checking my cervix again and still no progression and his head not even being in position, he agreed. He said an induction would be against my favor the way things were going with me. He said it was very reasonable that I would want a C-section. So, I had my NST and waited extra long for Coleman to move AGAIN, and set everything up. The C-section is scheduled for Monday, April 22nd. This coming Monday. 5 days away! Eek! So Soon!

I've been telling Matt this past week, "We're about to have a baby!". We're still in disbelief. We're excited and nervous and scared and happy all at the same time. Our baby is coming MONDAY!

Please pray everything goes smoothly for us all, especially Coleman and myself. We've had such great support with everything going on with Coleman. Now it's here and it's real and it's starting Monday! We pray he's a strong baby boy (And he feels like he is!). And that my C-section goes great with no complications. And pray he does great during and after his surgery, especially recovering. We want him as healthy as possible and we want to keep him! We pray for the doctors that will be operating on him and taking care of him. We pray most of all that Coleman will get to live and grow up to be such a strong and kind man and know that he's one of God's miracles. We pray God lets us keep this baby. We already love him so much, so many people already do.

I know I've said it many times..We appreciate all the prayers and love and support that we get. It all means so much to us.
I will update as much as possible on everything coming up. Be sure to 'Like' my Prayers for Coleman Facebook page because there will probably be short more often updates there.

We are so excited to meet our baby boy!





1 comment:

  1. So very excited for you!!! I will be keeping you and little Mr. Coleman in my thoughts and prayers!!! Congratulations mama!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete